Thursday, January 24, 2013

Take a LEAP of faith. Stay JUSTIFIED



This is about the situations where most of us felt-like being left let down. We were left breath choked, we got hurt and we realized that someone we tried to help selflessly is/was just not worth it.

Whatever be the case, I always feel that – we shall not be judgmental. Somehow, my conscience-my instincts- my parents always made me believe so. I do have had opinions but I used to let go of situations and people as I was firm that sometimes actions are commanded by the situations and we shall not allow our mind to set a frame of that particular person.

We need to understand – if people value us in their life or people value for being ourselves. If they value you for being there in life – they will love you, care for you and most importantly listen to you. While the others will never be good listeners, they will love & care pertaining to what they have to say to you and if you are talking to them – as they want to listen from you. If this is not the case – you better watch out. This is not gonna take you anywhere, if you have a tendency to ignore and be good, take care of yourself.

I remember, once my soft-skills teacher had said in a counseling session, – "It is good to be good but at times, you need to tell the other person ‘that you can be bad too’". He has asked me to be a little shrewd and on asking – what he was saying, he had explained that world is neither full of compassion and nor in habituates only the good people like I might be thinking. I always realized it whenever my goodness was put to test or I was hurt by a close one but then – I felt ‘It’s good to be good. It keeps us at peace’.

But today, I am heartbroken. I never expected this, I did not even ever thought that in the farthest of thoughts that I would think of being fair to myself, would actually pray to God to give me the strength ‘to allow me to tell others – that yes, I can be bad too’, to feel inside that – yes, I know you have been great all through your life, your patience might have surpassed all the kindness of manhood but please DO NOT expect the same from me. Allow me – to take stand for my own self respect so that in my mind and soul – I live & die JUSTIFIED. 

Saying all that, I am thankful to GOD that on taking a deep breath – I can still get some relief. In tears, I am thankful to Almighty that he gave me parents – who always told me to stand firm, my Dad always told me to be righteous and to be so fearlessly. 

-------I left this post at this point some 4 days ago! And now when i still thought of sharing it here, I wonder, It is good to be forgetful and forgiving should be revived. Alas! I rest my case with a same notion like always--- if God is watching us all the time, we shall just keep doing things in good faith. 

2 comments:

Jack said...

Jigyasa,

One should always do good to others but at the same time one needs to ensure that no one takes advantage of such trait. There are persons who take wrong meaning of your being good to them as they do not understand that one can be helpful without any selfish motive. Do share what hurt you so badly. One needs to move on from such persons who stab in the back.

Take care

Jigyasa said...

Yes Uncle J....one should avoid being taken for granted.

Thanks